Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Romantic Longings

I used to see you five days a week. On the weekends, in contrast to others, I would wait for Monday to come. I used to long for the first day I would begin my journey to a wonderful world, a world where I could contemplate your eyes, a world where while I was talking to you time was endless and my heart was full of joy. Another world would appear as you were smiling. However, I realized you did not notice you were carrying me there. But sometimes it seemed you caught me staring and then I was wondering if you had discovered something was happening to me.

Last weekend I knew it would be different. In many ways I did not want it to arrive. Yesterday, Mondays became a day for starting craving to be near you. Today I am sure Tuesdays to Fridays are just ordinary days. They are not for flying away anymore. Now the weekends will remind me the dream has ended. I will wake up smiling as I used to in the proximity of Mondays when they used to be the days they were, but then I will remember I have to get accustomed to the raw reality. My smile will vanish and a longing for the return of those days will govern my face.
 
I hope someday I will speak with you again. Maybe I will try not to be taken away. But, who am I lying to? Deep in my heart I know although I should be fighting this feeling, eventually I will let it flow when I am close to you. For sure it will be that way.
Now there is only one thing I am certain of: I miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment